The Presence Radio Network has given Maine its own Catholic voice.
Mission and Vision
The Presence Radio Network is a voice for our Church, for the truth and for our faith. Catholic radio will reach Catholics, non-Catholic Christians, and non-believers. Catholic radio program providers offer the teachings of the Catholic Church and the doctrine as intended by its founder, Jesus Christ. Jesus promised to guide the Church in all truth by sending us His Holy Spirit. Maine’s Catholic radio stations provide the voice of the Spirit of truth on the air waves and the internet throughout the State of Maine.
Through an untiring desire to serve Christ and His Church, and by the Grace of God, these efforts have allowed for an expansive Catholic radio network serving a variety of communities in Maine.
Organization and Goals
The Presence Radio Network is a Catholic, lay apostolate, non-profit corporation dedicated to answering the critical need of access to quality Catholic radio programming in the State of Maine. This effort specifically responds to the Pope Benedict XVI’s call to embrace new technologies to disseminate the love of Christ and the word, faith and truth of the Catholic Church.
The Presence Radio Network was formed and organized to provide consistent, professional, and proven Catholic programming. Catholic radio will reach its listeners with the truth of our Catholic faith: we cannot rely on other media outlets to properly represent our Churc
- Faith Development: Catholic radio is a resource to deepen the faith of all Catholics. It goes beyond “preaching to the choir”. Catholic radio programming is designed to nurture Catholics at all stages of religious development.
- Religious Education: Ongoing adult catechesis, as well as the formation of youth, is a significant need. Catholic radio is a proven means of making quality teaching available every hour of every day to anyone who owns a radio.
- Growth in Numbers: Through Catholic radio, lapsed Catholics have returned home to the Church. Catholic Radio has also introduced many non-Catholics to the truth of Christ’s Church for the first time. Some eventually become Catholic.
- Real Results: A recent media campaign (television), developed by Catholics Come Home, and implemented in the Diocese of Phoenix, Arizona, claims to have returned 92,000 Catholics to the Church. Catholics Come Home provides Catholic radio stations with free ad campaigns. Imagine what can be accomplished with an on-going airing of these powerful messages.
- Clarity: The Catholic message will be delivered fully and fairly, unfiltered by media bias
- Ecumenism: Hearing the truth about the Catholic Church on the radio will help heal misunderstandings between Catholics, Non-Catholic Christians and non-Christians.
- Public policy: Debate over issues will gain a valuable perspective as Catholic teaching contributes to the dialogue about public policy.